Greetings on Day One of AALS!
For those attending, hope you’ll make time today for the PR Section’s pedagogy program, which is new addition this year. Here’s the full description:
4:15-5:30PM Eastern. Section on Professional Responsibility: Bright Ideas and Best Practices for Online Teaching in Professional Responsibility Courses. This program features a panel of prominent professional responsibility scholars who will share bright ideas and best practices for teaching the topic online.
- Moderator Susan S. Fortney Professor of Law; Director, Program for the Advancement of Legal Ethics Texas A&M University School of Law
- Speaker Alberto Bernabe Professor UIC John Marshall Law School
- Speaker Susan D. Carle Professor of Law American University, Washington College of Law
- Peter Joy Henry Hitchcock Prof.; Vice Dean for Academic Affairs; Director, Criminal Justice Clinic Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
- Speaker Margaret C. Tarkington Professor of Law Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Other events co-sponsored by our Section happening today include:
- 2:45-5PM Eastern Section on Litigation, Co-Sponsored by Professional Responsibility: The Growth of Third-Party Litigation Finance: Opportunities and Challenges
And then please be sure to save time Thursday afternoon for other events, especially for our Section Main Program, as well as our final event of the week, Saturday’s Works-in-Progress Session.
- Thursday 1/7 11-12:15PM Eastern Section on Leadership, Co-Sponsored by Professional Responsibility and Pro Bono & Public Service Opportunities: Never Let A Good Crisis Go To Waste; The Pedagogy of Leadership During Crisis—Student Engagement
- Thursday 1/7 1:15-2:30PM Eastern Hot Topic Program: Breaking News in U.S. Legal Regulatory Reform
- Thursday 1/7 2:45-4PM Eastern Section on Professional Responsibility Main Program: Legal and Judicial Ethics in the Post-#MeToo World
- Thursday 1/7 4:15-5:30PM Eastern Author Meets Reader Shortlisted: Women in the Shadows Of the Supreme Court—A Conversation with Justice Goodwin Liu Special update: one of the women profiled in Shortlisted is Judge Joan Dempsey Klein, who passed away on December 24, 2020, at the age of 96. This session will now include a tribute to her in addition to the discussion planned.
- Saturday 1/9 4:15-5:30PM Eastern Section on Professional Responsibility: Works-In-Progress Workshop
To join the conference, you need to have already registered at AALS.org, then create a profile for eventpower.com via the personalized link sent by email in order to access the main event website: https://event-app.eventpower.com/event_app/user/login/21AALS If you have problems, this contact is great for help: email@example.com